Several Stockport restaurants, bars and pubs have been shortlisted for the Manchester Food and Drink Festival Awards.
Voting is now open for you to have your say about who you would like to be crowned winners.
Celebrating the best food and drink establishments in Manchester, the Food and Drink Festival Awards shortlist is made up of restaurants, bars and pubs seen as the region’s best by judges.
Stockport businesses in the shortlist include:
- Foodie Friday – Best Food & Drink Pop Up Event
- Bakers Vault, Stockport Market Place – Pub of the Year
- Magnet, Town Centre – Pub of the Year
- Indian Tiffin Room – Casual Restaurant of the Year
- Heatons Hops, Heaton Chapel – Craft Ale Bar of the Year
- Brassica, Heaton Moor – Neighbourhood Restaurant of the Year
- Oddfellows, Mellor – Food Pub of the Year
One event making the shortlist is Foodie Friday. Since starting in May 2013, it has grown into a hugely popular street food event that is held in the beautiful surroundings of Stockport Market Place on the last Friday of every month.
Councillor Kate Butler, Executive Member for Economy and Regeneration at Stockport Council, said: “I hope everyone in Stockport will get behind these much deserved nominations and make sure they vote for their favourites.
- READ MORE: New homes released at former Barnes Hospital development
- READ MORE: Sainsbury’s to build Local store at Stockport Exchange
“I am also delighted to see Foodie Friday included in the shortlist, as I have seen the hard work and passion that goes into making this monthly event such a huge success.
“The food and drink scene across Stockport is already great, and the likes of Where The Light Gets In opening later this year will really help seal our place on the gastronomic map.”
The Manchester Food and Drink Festival Awards are the longest-standing and best-regarded awards in the region. Recognised by the industry and consumers alike, they provide a benchmark for excellence.
Voting online takes place until 9am on September 28.