There is a range of activities for everyone to enjoy across Stockport during the summer holidays.
Activities include exhibitions ranging from the outlandish to the super stylish, history explorer events, craft workshops, festivals, and celebrations.
Some of the highlights include:
- Merseybay indoor beach with deck chairs, beach hut and buckets and spades is open from 11am to 4pm every day until September 3 for children aged 10 and under.
- Stockport Old Town Fringe Festival is bringing a three-day feast of music, art, dance, street food and craft ales between Friday, August 26, and Sunday, August 28.
- Foodie Friday brings street food, craft ales and live music every last Friday of every month from 6pm to 9pm at Stockport Market.
- Children’s Explorer Tours at the Stockport Air Raid Shelters on August 25 from 6:45pm-8:15pm. Brave the darkened tunnels as you go back in time and experience the life of a child during the war. Suitable for ages 7+; booking essential. Admission £3.95 per child, accompanying adults £3.
- Craft Creators at the Hat Works museum between August 23-25 from 2pm to 4pm. Come along each afternoon and try a different craft; screen printing, decoupage, felt-making, or marbling paper. Suitable for ages 7+; booking essential. Admission: £5 per child.
- Bramall Hall offers daily free activities for children, including Activity Boxes, Explorer Trails, and Discovery Packs, which are a great way for young visitors and families to explore the Hall. All free with standard admission.
- Weekly storytime events across libraries in the borough. Suitable for pre-school children. For more information email email@example.com.