The 14 groups that will share £10,000 in Vernon Community Awards have been revealed.
A judging panel at the Stockport building society reviewed 98 applications from not-for-profit organisations in Stockport.
The 14 groups on the shortlist – who now go to a public vote – are:
- Stockport Loaves & Fishes
- Stockport LGBT+ Youth Group
- Stockport Sharks Swimming Club
- Offerton Cricket Juniors
- The Garden House Charity
- Smart Works Greater Manchester
- Transport for Sick Children
- Poynton Community First Responders
- Paramount Amateur Boxing Club
- The Millennium Youth Bar Trust
- Stockport User Friendly Fellowship
- Pure Insight 16-28 Care Leavers Group
The group or charity that receives the most votes at www.thevernon.co.uk/vote will receive £1,500 down to £250 for 14th place.
Votes can also be made in person at any of the Vernon’s six branches across Stockport.
Vernon marketing assistant Adam Pemberton said: “It’s incredible to see so many worthy causes in the Stockport community.
“I wish we could have chosen all of them. It was an honour to help select our 14 diverse and inclusive finalists and I wish them all the best during the voting process.”
Voting runs until 30 September, 2019.