Heaton Moor’s young players have been recognised at the annual awards night after a successful season.
A number of players earned representative honours last season. They include:
- Will Fountain – Cheshire U16s
- Henry Harper – Lancashire U15s & Sale Sharks Academy U15s
- Leo Brookfield-Paul – Lancashire U16s
- Alfie Gallagher – Welsh Exiles U16s
- Liam O’Connor – Lancashire U16s & Sale Sharks Academy U16s
- Max Clarke – Cheshire U16s
- Charles Brackell – Scottish Exiles U16s
- Sam Shepherd – Lancashire U18s & trials for the North U18s
- Joe Kilbride – Lancashire U18s
“This is a very exciting time for the club with many of these players expecting to play senior rugby for Heaton Moor in the future,” the club said.
Heaton Moor have also appointed Ryan Jennings as its new director of rugby.
The club said: “As part of the ongoing development of Heaton Moor, the club has appointed Ryan to this important role with responsibility for the overall playing of the senior section of the club.
“Ryan comes with a great pedigree having been both a player and coach within the north west rugby union scene.”
Ryan was previously rugby director at Aldwinians and director of rugby at Audenshaw School, and has worked with Chester RUFC and at The Manchester Grammar School.
He said: “It gives me great pleasure to be appointed to this role and I am tremendously excited by the opportunity. I am looking forward to beginning what promises to be an exciting journey for all involved with the club.
“I am confident that with the commitment, energy and above all, hard work of the players and staff, we can enjoy building a future of promise and excellence for this renowned club.”